Nowadays, it seems like there is a detox for everything… But hear me out, this one makes tons of sense! Have you ever taken a look at the toxic ingredients listed in your deodorant?
Contrary to the above image, the American Cancer Society says there is no scientific proof linking deodorant and cancer. However, with 40,000 women dying each year from Breast Cancer, I don’t see any harm in taking possible preventative measures.
Has anyone ever told you when you’re sick to “sweat out your cold?” That’s because sweating allows our bodies to naturally release toxins. Equally so, have you ever noticed your lymph nodes swell up if you’re really sick? That’s because your lymph nodes are a critical immune response, gathering all foreign bodies and then stimulating the release of immune cells.
If you’re using conventional deodorant, try this mask below to draw out trapped toxins. If you’re trying to switch to natural deodorant but your body isn’t accepting it, this may help in aiding the transition.
Underarm Detox Mask Mix:
- 1 Tablespoon of Bentonite Clay
- 1 Teaspoon of Activated Charcoal
- 1-3 Teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar – If you have sensitive skin, you can swap this out for water. Make sure the consistency is similar to a paste. Since it’s going under your arms, you do not want it to be a watery consistency.
- 1 drop of tea tree oil
- The above mix can be used for both face and underarms. This is a strong mask, so do not leave it on for longer than 15 minutes.
- A pulsing sensation while the mask dries is completely normal.
- DO NOT — USE ANY METAL when mixing this mask! Glass, plastic or wood tools are preferred, since the clay is intended to draw out heavy metals like aluminum from your body. Read about the benefits of bentonite clay here.
- I keep my Activated Charcoal wrapped up in a plastic bag since it’s such a fine powder and can get really messy. Read about the benefits of activated charcoal here.
- Lay down while the mask is drying – if you’re moving around as it’s drying, you will find black particles all over your floor 🙂
- I do this mask before hopping into the shower, as it’s easier to wash off that way.
- Drink a lot of water after doing this mask! It is a detox, so make sure you’re replenishing your body.