While I’m sure you’ve heard of CBD by now, I wanted to share some information with you on how it has personally affected me. I’ve included a high level overview on what CBD is, as well as additional resources which I encourage you to read. As always, please do your own research and let me know if you have any questions!
What is CBD?:
Cannabinoids are the molecules that give the cannabis plant its medical and recreational properties. They are a class of chemical compounds that react with the cannabinoid receptors in our bodies.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is one of at least 113 cannabinoids identified in cannabis, and the most popular which gives you a “high” feeling. CBD, however, stands for cannabidiol (can·na·bid·i·ol), which is naturally found in high quantities in cannabis, within the stalks and flowers. This video provides a very thorough explanation of CBD.
CBD vs. THC:
Simply put, THC is psychoactive which gets you high while CBD does not. Some CBD products can include small traces of THC, but not enough for a psychoactive effect.
How CBD has helped me:
Keyword being ME. I am not making any claims of what it can do for you, as all of our bodies react differently.
I first purchased 1 gram of the Proprietary Hemp Extract – Gold (pictured above), since it was the smallest size you could get, and I wanted to test it out. Each size contains a phytocannabinoid concentration of 24-27% (you can view the lab results of the product here). To take it, dispense the oil on your finger or a spoon and place it under your tongue. Allow the oil to absorb into your body by keeping the oil under your tongue for 60-90 seconds, and then swallow whatever is left over. The recommended serving size is the size of a grain of rice taken once or twice daily (even with once a day, I noticed a difference within a few days). The taste isn’t very pleasant, but it’s hemp like. Within a few days, here are the changes I noticed.
- Not Zen, but Chill – This is kind of hard to explain. CBD oil doesn’t make me a Zen master, and it’s not like THC where everything feels hazy. Instead… I’m chillin’. Things that used to bother me, don’t annoy me as much. My IDGAF levels are all the way high, and nothing is that serious to truly irritate me. It allows me to stay productive, while taking it easy at the same time… and when it’s time to relax (bath/meditate), I actually allow myself to relax instead of feeling anxious about it.
- Deep Sleep & Vivid Dreams – When taking this product, every morning I wake up as if I just had the DEEPEST SLEEP EVER. Like… every morning, no kidding. I also have extremely vivid dreams which is cool too.
- I’m a Morning Person? I wake up and everything feels easy. No anxiety about having to get ready for work, pack my meals, deal with traffic, etc. It could be because I’m so well rested, but I enjoy my mornings so much more when taking this.
- Reduced Inflammation – Often when working out, it takes me a really long time to recover from soreness and inflammation. My doctor believes I have Hashimoto’s disease (an autoimmune disease where your immune system attacks your thyroid), and this is one of the many symptoms heightened by inflammation. This has definitely helped me.
- No Painful Cramps – I know I say this often, but I have 2 uterus, so your girl knows how painful cramps can be. I get two periods at the same.damn.time and while Castor Oil packs have helped, sometimes I forget to do them the week before my cycle. While on CBD, the most I’ve experienced is discomfort on the first day of my period. But I haven’t had any body numbing, call out from work, cancel my whole week cramps since I’ve been taking it.
There you have it! I tried to include as much information as possible, but as always, let me know if you have any questions! This post does include affiliate links, however I was not paid to write this review.
Use code DEZI10 for 10% off at MadebyHemp.com.
- 7 Benefits and Uses of CBD Oil (Plus Side Effects)
- What is Cannabidiol?
- Ultimate Guide: Everything you Need to Know Before Buying CBD Hemp Oil
- Cannabidiol, or CBD, Benefits for Pain, Mental Illness & Anxiety
Do not take if pregnant or lactating. Always consult a medical doctor before modifying your diet or using any new product. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. *These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration (FDA).