Many of you probably know about how castor oil can stimulate hair growth, but did you know it could also help with inflammation and painful cramps? If you don’t know what Castor Oil is, please read up on some of its amazing benefits! I won’t go in-depth with the science behind it, but always do your research!
One of the major reasons castor oil has strong immune-enhancing effects is because it supports the body’s lymphatic system. The most significant role of the lymphatic system, which is spread throughout the whole body in small tubular structures, is that it absorbs and removes excess fluids, proteins and waste materials from our cells.
As I’m sure you can imagine, living with two uteri is tough (and if you didn’t know that, watch my first YouTube video here). I get double periods and yes – double the cramps. This has been a GAME CHANGER FOR ME, so I wanted to share how I make these life-saving packs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (click the links!)
- Quality castor oil
- Wool or cotton flannel
- Wrap around pack or plastic wrap
- Water heating pack (I prefer water vs. electronic heating pads)
- Mason jar to store the oil soaked flannel between uses
- Optional – old clothes and towels/sheets
WHAT TO DO
- Take a large piece of wool or cotton flannel and fold to make 3 layers.
- Saturate the flannel in castor oil. This can even be done the day before in a jar, so that the flannel can full absorb the oil. Then, use that same jar to store the flannel for later use.
- Remove the castor oil soaked cloth.
- While lying on an old towel or sheet, place the cloth on your lower abdomen.
- Use the wrap around pack or plastic wrap to cover the flannel, and place heating pad on top. If using a water pack, it may need to be reheated so make sure you have a helping hand.
- Lie down (ideally with your feet elevated) and relax for 30-60 minutes. Make this your YOU time!
- Once you’re done, remove the pack and store in a glass mason jar. Pop it in your fridge!
- Remember that this process is aiding in detoxing your body! Make sure you’re drinking enough water to support this process so that you are hydrated.
Do not do a castor oil pack during menstruation, as it can cause a heavier flow – also if you have an IUD, when pregnant or breastfeeding. Please note that I am not a licensed medical practitioner. Simply sharing what has worked for me!
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you haven’t already! Let me know if you like this content so I can keep it coming 🙂 Thanks for reading!