This quinoa has been a staple in my meal prep as it’s SO easy to make. The beans + quinoa give me all the protein I need, so definitely try this out during your next Meatless Monday or meal prep. Total cook time is about 35 minutes, and I make enough to last me for the entire week!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- 1¼ cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1 onion halve (diced)
- ½ cup diced bell peppers (color based on preference)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed – or you can cook your dry beans as desired.
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 cup corn (frozen or can)
- ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 quarter of a lime, juiced
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onions and bell peppers and sauté for about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the quinoa, broth, beans, tomatoes, corn and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
Cover and let cook for 20-25 minutes, until the liquid is fully absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Top as desired with avocado – or use as a stuffing in bell peppers!
Photo from Damn Delicious – Recipe is an adaption.